A Zoom Gel Plate Printing Workshop – Oil Paint and R&F Blending Medium
A 3-hour introductory workshop exploring the use of gel plates for making hand-pulled monotypes on paper with Williamsburg Oil paint and R&F Blending Medium. Using stencils, color shapers, brayers, and other tools, we’ll produce vibrant and layered prints without a press.
There will be a short talk about materials, a demonstration of basic techniques, time for working on your own, and then a work share for questions and discussion. You will also have access to a private FaceBook group for discussion and sharing after the workshop.
You will need to download the Zoom application and have access to the Internet.
- Gelatin Plate (either GelPress or Gelli brands, or homemade)
- R & F Blending Medium in Stick or Jar
- Your favorite oil paints, 1-3 colors (I’ll be using Williamsburg Handmade Oils)
- Rice paper
- Copy or printer paper
- Printmaking paper
- Silicone tools for making lines and shapes
- Hand-made or store-bought stencils, and stamps
- Any materials for patterning or light texture
- Paper towels or rags, gloves, etc.
- For cleanup: Gamsol odorless mineral spirits or vegetable or mineral oil