A Zoom 1-to-1 Monotype Workshop – Williamsburg Oil Paint and R&F Blending Medium
A 3-hour introductory workshop exploring the use of multiple large surfaces for making hand-pulled monotypes on paper with Williamsburg oil paint and R&F Blending Medium. Using stencils, color shapers, brayers, and other tools, we’ll produce vibrant and layered prints without a press.
There will be a short talk about materials, a demonstration of basic techniques, time for working on your own, and then a work share for questions and discussion. You will also have access to a private FaceBook group for discussion and sharing after the workshop.
- Plexiglas, OR gelatin plate, OR old acrylic or oil paintings on panels, OR tabletops, OR any large surface you don’t mind painting on
- R & F Blending Medium in Stick or Jar
- Your favorite oil paints, 1-3 colors I’ll be using Williamsburg Handmade Oils
- Rice paper (calligraphy practice paper works well. Amazon has large width sheets)
- Asian thin printmaking papers
- Silicone tools for making lines and shapes
- Hand-made or store-bought stencils, and stamps
- Any materials for patterning or light texture
- Mineral spirits, paper towels, gloves, etc.