A Zoom 1-to-1 Workshop – Painting with Pigment Sticks
A 3-hour workshop exploring painting with pigment stick and incorporating mixed media. We explore the basics and, and other processes that might be useful to your work. Topics can also include archival issues, alternative grounds and supports, safe packing, shipping, and storage. This workshop can be customized for you.
Useful Materials :
- R&F Pigment Sticks
- R & F Blending Medium in Stick or Jar
- Encaustic medium
- Gamblin Alkyd Gel
- Your favorite oil paints, 1-3 colors I’ll be using Williamsburg Handmade Oils
- Arches Oil paper
- Rice paper (calligraphy practice paper works well. Amazon has large width sheets)
- Rives BFK paper
- Cradled panels or wood panels
- Silicone tools for making lines and shapes
- Hand-made or store-bought stencils, and stamps
- Mineral spirits, paper towels, gloves, etc.