A Zoom Gel Plate Printing Workshop – GOLDEN OPEN acrylics
A 3-hour introductory workshop exploring the use of gel plates for making hand-pulled monotypes on paper with GOLDEN OPEN acrylic paints. Using stencils, color shapers, brayers, and other tools, we’ll produce vibrant and layered prints without a press.
There will be a short talk about materials, a demonstration of basic techniques, time for working on your own, and then a work share for questions and discussion. You will also have access to a private FaceBook group for discussion and sharing after the workshop.
You will need to download the Zoom application and have access to the Internet.
- Gelatin Plate (either GelPress or Gelli brands, or homemade)
- GOLDEN OPEN acrylics in your favorite colors (or acrylics not recommended) GOLDEN Fluid paints optional.
- Rice paper
- Copy or printer paper
- Printmaking paper
- Silicone tools for making lines and shapes
- Hand-made or store-bought stencils, and stamps
- Any materials for patterning or light texture
- Paper towels or rags
- wet-wipes or hand sanitizers
- disposable gloves