Last evening Twiggs Gallery hosted a reception for Balancing Acts, a small show of encaustic work that I was delighted to curate. Summer in the country, evening breezes beginning to cool what was a beautiful, blue-sky day. Artist-owner Adele Sanborn’s creation, gallery and gift shop and workshop and studio, built on to the relocated old Boscawen town office building, is an awesome example of what can be done to foster artists’ community in New Hampshire. Artist and gallery manager Laura Morrison showed our work to perfection in her thoughtful installation of the work. The gallery glowed with late day sunlight.
- Paintings with Drawing
- Coming soon!
- Celebrating Talented Friends!
- From The Curator: This Left and That Right, with Pamala Crabb
- Interview about Balancing Acts at Twiggs Gallery this month
- From The Curator: Balancing Acts with Helene Farrar
- From the Curator: Bits and Pieces with Angel Dean
- From The Curator: Q & A with Jeanne Borofsky
- From the Curator: A conversation with Soosen Dunholter
- From the Curator: A visit with artist Kimberly Curry
Explore by tags
Amy Weil Angel Dean art artist artists Artscope assemblage Balancing Acts blog hop Castle Hill catalog Claffey Curatorial Dawna Bemis Debra Claffey Dietlind Vander Schaaf drawing Elizabeth Harris encaustic Ethel Hills exhibition exhibitions Fountain Street Fine Art Heather douglas Helene Farrar interview Jeanne Borofsky Jofi Colella Kay Hartung Kimberly Curry Lisa Pressman Maine mixed media monotype New England Wax New Hampshire painting Pamala Crabb Pamela Dorris DeJong Pat Gerkin sculpture Soosen Dunholter Sue Katz Twiggs Gallery wax