Last evening Twiggs Gallery hosted a reception for Balancing Acts, a small show of encaustic work that I was delighted to curate. Summer in the country, evening breezes beginning to cool what was a beautiful, blue-sky day. Artist-owner Adele Sanborn’s creation, gallery and gift shop and workshop and studio, built on to the relocated old Boscawen town office building, is an awesome example of what can be done to foster artists’ community in New Hampshire. Artist and gallery manager Laura Morrison showed our work to perfection in her thoughtful installation of the work. The gallery glowed with late day sunlight.
- Here’s another. #daynatalbot #shadows
- Cast shadow from Dayna Talbot’s excellent work at Galletly Gallery, New Hampton, NH
- Great fun leading cold wax painting workshop today
- Photographing today. #studiolife, #debraclaffeyart
- John Marin at Ogunquit Museum of American Art
- And still they persisted…
- The Space Between Shadow and Light
- Paintings with Drawing
- Celebrating Talented Friends!
- From The Curator: This Left and That Right, with Pamala Crabb
Explore by tags
Amy Weil Angel Dean art artist artists Artscope assemblage Balancing Acts blog hop Castle Hill catalog Claffey contemporary art Curatorial Dawna Bemis Debra Claffey drawing Elizabeth Harris encaustic Ethel Hills exhibition exhibitions Fountain Street Fine Art Helene Farrar IFTTT Instagram interview Jeanne Borofsky Joanne Mattera Jofi Colella Kimberly Curry Lisa Pressman Maine mixed media monotype New England Wax New Hampshire painting Pamala Crabb Pat Gerkin sculpture Soosen Dunholter Truro Center for the Arts Twiggs Gallery wax