Studio Visit is a series of juried artist books.In each issue they present two- and three- dimensional media, selected by professional curators, in a full-color bound volume from about 150 artists. I was selected for Volume 31 and the juror for that issue was Mary M. Tinti, Curator at The Fitchburg Art Museum in Fitchburg, MA. The competition drew more than 900 applicants. Once you are selected you can decide whether or not to participate in the printed version, by choosing the format and the number of pages. I decided to go for a one-page display, featuring a recent work from my The Singing Tree series. The piece is an exploration of line and contour in foliage and plantlife, done with oil, encaustic, pigment sticks, and graphite on Rives BFK paper mounted to a panel. It’s 29″ x 21″.
- The Space Between Shadow and Light
- Paintings with Drawing
- Celebrating Talented Friends!
- From The Curator: This Left and That Right, with Pamala Crabb
- Interview about Balancing Acts at Twiggs Gallery this month
- From The Curator: Balancing Acts with Helene Farrar
- From the Curator: Bits and Pieces with Angel Dean
- From The Curator: Q & A with Jeanne Borofsky
- From the Curator: A conversation with Soosen Dunholter
- From the Curator: A visit with artist Kimberly Curry
Explore by tags
Amy Weil Angel Dean art artist artists Artscope assemblage Balancing Acts blog hop Castle Hill catalog Claffey Curatorial Dawna Bemis Debra Claffey Dietlind Vander Schaaf drawing Elizabeth Harris encaustic Ethel Hills exhibition exhibitions Fountain Street Fine Art Heather douglas Helene Farrar interview Jeanne Borofsky Jofi Colella Kay Hartung Kimberly Curry Lisa Pressman Maine mixed media monotype New England Wax New Hampshire painting Pamala Crabb Pamela Dorris DeJong Pat Gerkin sculpture Soosen Dunholter Truro Center for the Arts Twiggs Gallery wax