I have recently teamed up with three amazing artist-friends, Pat Gerkin, Charyl Weissbach, and Donna Hamil Talman, to create a kind of collective. We call it Elemental. We are all concerned,in our work, with the natural world and the forces, geological, psychological, biological, that form it and bear on us daily. I joined the group as they were finalizing arrangements for an exhibition at he the Art Complex Museum in Duxbury, Massachusetts, last April. I did not provide any paintings for this show, but I did hold a demonstration/lecture on using encaustic for painting at the Museum in April which was well-attended. I also compiled and designed a catalog for the exhibition that is available on Blurb.com. You can see a preview here. You’ll hear more about these artists from me as we challenge ourselves to find meaningful themes for exhibitions and places to share them.
- The Space Between Shadow and Light
- Paintings with Drawing
- Celebrating Talented Friends!
- From The Curator: This Left and That Right, with Pamala Crabb
- Interview about Balancing Acts at Twiggs Gallery this month
- From The Curator: Balancing Acts with Helene Farrar
- From the Curator: Bits and Pieces with Angel Dean
- From The Curator: Q & A with Jeanne Borofsky
- From the Curator: A conversation with Soosen Dunholter
- From the Curator: A visit with artist Kimberly Curry
Explore by tags
Amy Weil Angel Dean art artist artists Artscope assemblage Balancing Acts blog hop Castle Hill catalog Claffey Curatorial Dawna Bemis Debra Claffey Dietlind Vander Schaaf drawing Elizabeth Harris encaustic Ethel Hills exhibition exhibitions Fountain Street Fine Art Heather douglas Helene Farrar interview Jeanne Borofsky Jofi Colella Kay Hartung Kimberly Curry Lisa Pressman Maine mixed media monotype New England Wax New Hampshire painting Pamala Crabb Pamela Dorris DeJong Pat Gerkin sculpture Soosen Dunholter Truro Center for the Arts Twiggs Gallery wax